Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC) was established by Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University under the financial assistance of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) for developing co-ordination and intensive interaction between the researchers and technology users. This centre aims at developing linkage between the research institution and farmers. ATIC started functioning from 01.12.1999 at the Directorate of Extension Education, TANUVAS, Chennai-600 051.
ATIC, Kattupakkam is located at a distance of 15 kms from Tambaram towards Chengalpattu near SRM University, Potheri and opposite to PGRIAS campus, kattupakkam.
- To provide a single window delivery system for the information, services and products developed from this University to the needy farmers
- To facilitate easy access to the farmers to the Institutional resources available in terms of technology, products like different strains of livestock, poultry and fodder seeds, planting materials, animal clinic and other diagnostic services
- Providing mechanism of feedback for the technologies disseminated and to serve as a link between the research institute and the end users
The information on livestock farming, agriculture and fisheries required by the farmers/ entrepreneurs were made available by the centre through the sale of University published books, ICAR published books, pamphlets/leaflets/folders, etc., produced by the ATIC and other units of the University.
This centre also has a library facility in which farm magazines, journals, books and News letters of various Universities are made available for the reference by the farmers, entrepreneurs and other stake holders.
Video lessons on various aspects of livestock farming, fisheries and product preparation were screened for the benefit of the farmers visiting ATIC. Touch Screen Information Kiosk
A state of the art technology has been utilized to provide information on livestock farming practices to the farmers visiting ATIC by the touch of their finger on computer. Information on clean milk production, feeding of dairy cattle, mastitis in dairy cattle, breeding of cattle, housing management of dairy cattle, Japanese quail farming, Broiler farming, Goat farming, Dog care and management and address catalogue of colleges, research and extension units of TANUVAs were prepared and posted in touch screen both Tamil and English.
- Technical Advisory Services
- Technical advises and consultancy in person, through letter, telephone and e-mail.
- Diagnostic Services
- Disease diagnostic services for livestock, poultry and agricultural crops were provided with assistance from the technical staff of Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Kattupakkam.
- Demo Plots
- Demo plots of fodder seeds namely Fodder Sorghum, Maize, Desmanthus, Stylosanthes, Guinea grass, Calopogonium were developed at ATIC for the benefit of farmers visiting ATIC.
Cumbu Napier Grass
Technological Inputs / Products
- Fodder seeds like Fodder Sorghum, Desmanthus, Stylosanthes, Guinea Grass, Cow pea, Horticultural saplings, Fodder tree saplings and other planting materials are made available for the sale for the farmers.
- Young ones of different strains of livestock like Rams, Bucks, Piglets, Rabbits and Poultry are also sold
- Concentrate livestock sand poultry feed, ornamental fish feed were sold for the farmers and entrepreneurs
- Ornamental fishes, Fish tanks and other accessories are being sold
Farm implements, agricultural equipments and garden tools are also made available for sale for the needy farmers
- Value added agricultural and dairy products are being sold through ATIC
Other Extension Activities
Exhibition were arranged by ATIC periodically at various programme organised by the University, Line departments and NGO's at various places in Tamilnadu. The technological inputs of ATIC were sold to the farmers and visitors during the exhibition. Radio and TV programmes were also given on livestock farming activities.
The following books published by Directorate of Extension Education in the local dialect of this University are available for sales.
List of Books for Sale
- Layer farming
- Broiler farming
- Dairy farming
- Goat farming
- Milk and milk products
- Milk and meat products
- Turkey farming
- Rabbit farming
- Mushroom cultivation
- Animal welfare
- Agro forestry products in livestock and poultry feeds
- Meat and meat products
- Green fodder for livestock
- Entrepreneurial avenues for livestock products
- Brochure on admission procedure and carrier opportunities
- Freshwater ornamental fish culture.
Video CD's Released by The Directorate of Extension Education, TANUVAS
- Calf rearing
- Dairy farming & Silage preparation
- Blue tongue disease diagnostic kit and Goat farming
- Paneer and Kulfi preparation & rabbit farming
- Japanese quail farming
- Broiler farming, Enrichment of paddy straw
- Remedial measures for infertility in Cattle
- Mastitis and foot and mouth disease control
- Agro forestry and livestock rearing, Ornamental fish farming
- Composite fish farming, Masimeen preparation
- Turkey farming
- Milk sweets / Cream and ghee / Cheese
- Abstracts of Research on Poultry – CD
- Broiler farming / Clean Milk Production / Ice-cream preparation
- Pig farming
- Pigeon farming and sheep farming
- Turkey breeding
- Japanese quail production
Audio CDs for Sale
- Artificial Insemination
- Goat farming
- Dairy farming and milk products preparation
Agricultural Technology Information Centre
Kattupakkam – 603 203
Phone : 044 – 27452371