News & events

Left Icon Right Icon

History of TANUVAS

The seed for the establishment and growth of TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876, when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college in the year 1903 (01.10.1903), when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College).

Site Maintained By The Dept.of AHSCA, MVC

© 2021 Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. All Rights Reserved.