RESEARCH ACHIEVEMENTS OF TANUVAS
- The Government of India has sanctioned two schemes entitled “Establishment of Livestock and Poultry Feed Technology Centre” and “Establishment of Rural Poultry inputs and skill development centre” with a total budget outlay of Rs.301.10 lakhs to improve the livelihood of the rural sector under NADP / RKVY for the year 2018-19.
- TANUVAS has obtained a grant of Rs.28 crores from ICAR, New Delhi under its flagship National Agricultural Higher Education Programme (NAHEP) funded by the World Bank for the project on Institutional Development Plan of TANUVAS to improve infrastructure and human resource under competitive mode.
- The Government of Tamil Nadu has sanctioned a World Bank assisted Tamil Nadu-Irrigated Agriculture Modernisation project on Sensitising farmers on “Nutritional supplemental strategy” developed at TANUVAS to increase productivity in dairy cattle and mitigate methane emission with a budget outlay of Rs.200 lakhs.
- An ICAR funded project on “Improving the livelihood security of farmers through technological interventions has been implemented in six villages of Tiruvallur district in Tamil Nadu under the “Farmer FIRST programme” with a budget outlay of Rs.95.34 lakhs.
- A Tribal Sub Plan Project on “Technological empowerment of tribal farmers through adoption of TANUVAS technologies in Tamil Nadu” funded by ICAR, New Delhi with a budget outlay of 116.04 lakhs to improve the socio-economic status of tribal farmers has been implemented in five districts of Tamil Nadu .
- The Bargur Cattle Research Station, functioning at Bargur under TANUVAS was conferred with the prestigious National Kamadhenu Award (First prize), South Zone, for maintaining the best indigenous cattle herd by Institution, for the year 2017-18 by the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India on 01.06.2018.
- The ‘Salem Black’ goat, indigenous to Tamil Nadu has been recognized as a breed by National Bureau of Animal Genetics and Resources, Karnal and the Animal Breed Registration Certificate was issued on 10.01.2018 during the Awarding Ceremony held at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The TRPVB, a joint venture of TANUVAS and DBT has been awarded Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) certification for manufacturing unit under the Schedule-M during 2018