The centre was established on 29.10.2012 as per the G.O.(Ms)No.135, dated 03.08.2012 of Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries (AH6), Government of Tamil Nadu, Chennai-9. With the budget allotment of Rs.80.00 lakh and subsequent USO.No.50313/G1/2012, No.6921/G1/2012, dated 13.09.2012 of the Registrar, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai-51.
Presently the centre is working in a building (1837 Sq.m. ) located at Veterinary Hospital campus, V.Maruthur, Villupuram - 605 602 belonging to Department of Animal husbandry. which is 2 Km from New bus stand, 1 Km from old bus stand and 500 meter from Railway station.
- Presently, the centre is utilizing the training hall belonging to the Department of Animal Husbandry which has seating arrangement to accommodate 60 Nos. of participants and has audio visual aids for effective training programme.
- The centre has established a model fodder plots for demonstration to farmers. The centre also has a vehicle for arranging field level hands on training to the farmers.
- The centre also has laboratory facilities to carryout basic diagnostic and research works.
- Conduct of On-campus and off-campus training programmes on various livestock and poultry farming, fodder cultivation and preparation of value added products from meat, milk and egg and their marketing to needy farmers.
- Provision of need based training for the beneficiaries of Department of Animal Husbandry, Pudhuvazhvu project, TANWA and other NGOs of Villupuram District.
- Conducting Exhibitions on Livestock and poultry farming.
- Conducting awareness programme on animal husbandry and events of University through personnel contact, radio programme and through local news papers.
- Attending need based disease investigations and conducting field trials on various research products of University.
- Conducting mass contact programme and special infertility camps in collaboration with Animal Husbandry Department.
- Conducting Skill development training programme for graduates and school drop outs.
- Delivering need based guest lecture for the beneficiaries of various organisations on request.
- Attending farm visits and to suggest improved farm management practices.
- Sale of University publications on Livestock and poultry farming (Tamil), University mineral mixtures, fodder seeds etc., to the livestock farmers.
- Preparation and distribution of pamphlets and handouts on livestock farming to farmers.
- Laboratory analysis of water samples and other specimens as and when requested by the field veterinarians and farmers.
Dr.N.Vengadabady, Professor and Head | Mobile : +919486313228 | e.mail: email@example.com
Dr.R.Thirumavalavan, Assistant Professor | Mobile: +919445386315 | e.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr.A.Latchumikanthan, Assistant Professor | Mobile: 9458597298 | e.mail: email@example.com
The Professor and Head,
Veterinary University Training and Research Centre,
Thiruvamathur, Villupuram – 605 601
Phone: 04146 - 225244 | E-mail: