The New center at Tiruvannamalai was inaugurated on 20.02.2013 by Hourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu DR. Puratchi Thalaivi J.Jayalalitha.The objectives of this centre is:
- To impart training on the felt need of the end users, practicing farmers and officers of the line departments.
- To act as a two way channel between University and the farmers to identify the field based livestock and poultry problems and also to pass on the remedial measures.
- To conduct on farm trial on the latest research findings of the University and field oriented problems specific to the area.
- Survey of bacterial, viral and parasitic diseases to formulate the schedule of vaccination and deworming.
- To ensure an immediate and thorough diagnosis of disease in the event of an outbreak with special emphasis on disease reporting system.
- To motivate and encourage in establishing livestock and poultry farms for self employment by the local farmers.
- To collaborate with State and Central sponsored rural development programmes.
- To develop and maintain data base on livestock / Poultry in the area.
- To carryout short term need based location specific projects.
Land allotment for VUTRC at Thiruvannamalai district
- About 0.63 acre/ 27443 Sq. ft of land (Survey No. 66/22) has been allotted by Dr. Vijay Pingale I.A.S., District Collector, Tiruvannamalai at Vadaandapattu village, Tiruvannamalai district for establishment of Veterinary University Training and Research Centre at Tiruvannamalai.
- The valuation of land at Government rate fixed by District Revenue Officer is about Rs. 11,80,049/- which has been transferred to our University free of cost. The TamilNadu Government has allotted Rs.45 Lakhs for construction of new Permanent building for the centre.
- A trial pit has been dug in the allotted VUTRC land and estimation for construction of office building has been approved. The Vice-Chancellor, TANUVAS, inspected the newly rented building for VUTRC at Tiruvannamalai and the land allotted for VUTRC, Tiruvannamalai.
Extension activities and farm advisory services
- On-campus and off-campus training programmes on livestock viz Dairy cattle, Male calf rearing, Sheep farming, Elevated Slatted floor rearing of Goat and poultry farming viz., Desi chicken, Broiler chicken, Turkey farming, Japanese quail farming and Duck rearing and preparation of value added milk products.
- Off–campus training programmes with helps rendered from Department of Aniamal Husbandry, DRDA, NGOs, Aavin, Pudhu Vazhvu Thittam and ATMA.
- Preparation and distribution of pamphlets and handouts on livestock farming to farmers.
- Farm radio bulletins to All India Radio.
- Disease investigation during outbreaks; Laboratory examinations of faecal samples, blood samples, etc. for disease diagnosis.
- Mass contact programmes.
- Special livestock health protection programmes.
- Infertility/ mastitis camps.
- Low cost feed and fodder preparation and clean milk production.
- Guest lectures.
- Regional Exhibition.
- In mass contact programmes
- Regional Exhibition to be organised with Government aided fund
Dr.C.Theophilus Anand Kumar, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Head
Dr.R.Durairajan, Assistant Professor
Associate Professor and Head,
Veterinary University Training and Research Centre,
Bye Pass Road, Near Govt. Medical College,
Vada Andapattu, Tiruvannamalai– 606 604.
Phone No : +91-4175-206577