VETERINARY UNIVERSITY TRAINING AND RESEARCH CENTRE, RAJAPALAYAM
The Poultry Research and Development Centre (PRDC), Rajapalayam which came into operation on 13.11.1980 was renamed as Veterinary University Training and Research Centre (VUTRC) after the formation of TANUVAS.
- On-campus and Off–campus training programmes for farmers, unemployed youth, self-help group members, Link Worker Couples of DANIDA scheme and TANWA pannai magalir group members in co-ordination with DRDA, Department of Animal Husbandry, Department of Agriculture and NGOs on livestock and poultry farming and preparation of milk and milk products
- Delivering guest lectures at Department of Animal Husbandry meetings, KVK, self help groups and Tamil Nadu Government Free distribution of Milch animal, Sheep/Goat scheme and State Fodder Development schemes.
- The Centre participates Mass Contact Programme (MCP)/ Kalnadai Padhukappu Thittam (KPT), special infertility camps organized by the Department of Animal Husbandry.
- Organized sensitization programmes like clean milk production and Milk and Milk products preparation through Rajapalayam Milk Producers Co Operative Society Ltd.
- Preparation of economically feasible livestock/ poultry project proposals to enable the farmers to avail bank finance
- Sale of Mineral Mixtures, seeds and University Publication books to the needy famers.
- Preparation and distribution of pamphlets and handouts on livestock farming to farmers
- Radio talk through All India Radio, Madurai and Tirunelveli on various aspects of profitable livestock production and management practices etc.
Disease diagnosis/ Investigation
- Disease investigation during outbreaks; Laboratory examinations of samples etc. for disease diagnosis.
- Rajapalayam Poultry Club was started in 1980 to popularize the poultry farming.
- During 2001-02, a training programme on Dairy Farming and Dairy Products Preparation was conducted for 48 Self Help Groups comprising of 770 beneficiaries in Virudhunagar District with the fund Rs.2,72,750 offered by DRDA, Virudhunagar. During 2002-03, 1129 members of Virudhunagar District were trained on Dairy Farming and Dairy Products Preparation, Goat Farming, Broiler Farming and Rabbit Farming.
- VUTRC, Rajapalayam has conducted a workshop on Processing of Milk and Milk Products.
- So far 5425 farmers, unemployed youths and ladies got benefited through training programmes.
- The Centre implemented ORP Agro Scheme funded by Wasteland Development Board, Government of India, New Delhi in consultation with Institute of Animal Nutrition, Kattupakkam for the benefit of farmers of Virudhunagar District.
- One month Skill Development/self employment training programme on "Dairy Farm Assistant" was conducted for three beneficiaries.
- This centre participated First Regional Exhibition organized at Tirunelveli from 07.09.2012 to 10.09.2012. Charts and pamphlets on various activities prepared and distributed. A total of 117 farmers from various parts of Virudhunagar district attended the exhibition.
- Organized village level exhibition and calf rally at Mammsapuram, Rajapalayam during Pongal Vizha celebration.
Vice -hancellor with Secretary at Exhibition Stall
Registrar Enquire about Centre Activity
Director Visit on Regional Exhibition Stall
Farmers Visit at Exhibition Stall
|Nature of services offered
Birds and other animals
||Rs.20/- per carcass
||Rs.500/- per animal
Dr. V. Thanaseelaan, Ph.D, Professor and Head | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: +91-94420 63690
Dr. G. Srinivasan, Assistant Professor | email@example.com | Mobile: +91-99524 25004
The Professor and Head,
Veterinary University Training and Research Centre,
16A, Annamaraja Nagar, Opposite to New bus stand,